i love Christmas. i love traditions. the combination is awesome. since next year, i will be part of a new family - the Shelley family, consisting of me & Jordan - i am thinking about the traditions we will keep going, adopt, and start for our family. so i would looove to hear some ideas from people about cool little things that they do for Christmas.
for example, my friend Whitney posted something about how her mom puts money in a jar all year and then gives it to a family in need right before Christmas. a Christmas jar. i think that is a great idea. my family always opens stockings first on Christmas morning and that is my favorite part of presents. we used to read the accounts of the birth of Christ from the Bible on Christmas Eve. my friend Sarah said that everything she gets is completely wrapped. even little things in her stocking.
sooo...ideas? traditions? i want feed back & inspiration, people!
i'm going to list some of my favorite things/traditions of Christmas:
1. chocolate cake & boiled custard at my Grandma's
2. my mom's million Christmas trees in our house (there's literally at least 40)
3. staying up late with Blake on Christmas Eve watching A Christmas Story
5. going to see the Christmas lights on Penny Road
7. reading the Christmas story of Jesus coming to earth :)
8. singing Christmas songs at church
9. "Sleigh Ride"
10. ASC Christmas reunion (me, Britney, Sarah)
11. Christmas party with Ashlee, Brittany, Morgan, & Laurie! (which is tomorrow!!!!)
12. the kids playing with a new singing dancing Hallmark thing at Grandma's every year (they have a table with like 8 on there...yes it is loud)
13. Oreo balls
14. Christmas cookies
15. picking out a Christmas tree
16. putting up the day by day ornaments on me & Blake's tiny Santa tree
17. sitting back & looking at all your presents after Christmas morning is over
18. looking at Christmas card pictures
19. getting socks from my mom
20. my mom & uncle exchanging gag gifts (sometimes it's a bunch of random food mixed & crammed in a bag)
21. family time - board games & movies!
22. waking up on Christmas morning & having to wait until mom & dad say it's time!
merry Christmas & God bless :)