|After church on a wonderful Sunday!|
2. Praying together. This goes along with number one, because we begin and end our days with prayer. It is so awesome to draw close to God and to each other at the same time. We can bear each other's burdens, being encouraging and supportive while we give all of our cares and worries to God.
3. Being alone. This may sound weird, but before we were married, we weren't really alone together that much, unless we were in the car or something. We now have a place to just hang out together, enjoying each other's company, and it's just a feeling of FINALLY!
4. Cleaning up, doing dishes, grocery shopping, etc. Regular tasks, but Jordan makes everything SO much more fun. He is the most hilarious person I've ever met and constantly has me laughing no matter what we're doing. His commentary gets me laughing so hard that I can't even do the task we are trying to accomplish. We are quite ridiculous together, especially when I am in one of my hyper moods.
5. Church. I can't explain how much I love going to church with Jordan! It's like being united as one in Christ brings worshiping and studying Him to a whole new level. Partaking in the Lord's supper and remembering how He died for us is something that we can share. Sundays are awesome too, when we can actually relax. Yesterday was one of my favorite days since we've been married!
6. Figuring out pet peeves. He doesn't like it when I don't leave the lid closed on the toilet. Which is rather odd, because aren't men known for leaving the seat up? Well, I am the toilet culprit in this relationship. I would think it'd be better for him to have the lid up, but no, he wants it closed. Always. I don't like it when the bathroom rug is wet. "But that's what it's for!" he says. Maybe in some people's worlds, but I think that its purpose is to feel dry and fluffy to my newly clean feet. Also, if it gets wet, it stays wet for sooo long. That's why we use towels. :) These things are fun to figure out.
7. Getting ready. We only have one bedroom and one bathroom, so we definitely get ready in the same space. I need to add on a bit of time to the amount I need to get ready, because we always end up getting distracted or playing around instead of doing whatever we need to be doing. I mean, it's hard to put on make up when I am shaking from laughing at his crazy antics.
8. Music. Jordan just got a new guitar, and I am so happy that he did. Now he can play and sing even MORE than he did before. :) I used to not be comfortable enough to sing with him, but now I can sing with him all the time. God has given him such a great talent, and I am so thankful that I get to be blessed by it!
9. Meals together. As I have explained in previous posts, I am loving learning to cook for us, and it is so fun to sit down and share meals together. I feel so relaxed and enjoy it so much, even when we're just eating and not saying anything. I also love sitting with him in the morning as he eats his breakfast. These are some of my favorite times of the day.
10. Growing closer. It's amazing how close we've become in just a year! I never knew it was possible. But, oh yeah, with God all things are possible. :) It's gotten to the point when I know exactly what joke he's going to make before he says it. And then he knows that I'm going to say, "I KNEW you were going to say that!".....and then I laugh even harder. Recently, we've both been noticing that we say the exact same things a lot. Sometimes in unison. When we're with a group of people, we can make eye contact and know exactly what each other is thinking about whatever is going on at that moment. And then later we discuss it. Ahhh it's so much fun.
These are just 10 things out of the endless amount of blessings that have already come from marriage. I am overwhelmed with thankfulness and appreciation for what God is doing in our lives. I never want to take these things for granted, even when we've been married for 30 years. I want to make lists like this forever!