I'm doing the 10 Day You Challenge that I found on another Ashley's blog. :)
So...10 Secrets. Here goes some transparency...
1. A lot of people say that if they could do it all over again, they wouldn't change a thing. They have no regrets because their mistakes made them who they are today. Yeah, I mean I guess that's true, but I would absolutely change some things if I could go back! I definitely have regrets! I hate knowing that I've hurt people.
2. I cried about those comments on my post about modesty. They hurt. But I'm thankful that they made me even more appreciative of God's grace and how He has forgiven me and redeemed me. I am nothing without Him.
3. I am messy. I'm trying really hard to be more clean and organized, but it does nottt come naturally to me. I'll probably be writing about this soon actually.
4. I tend to dwell on dwindling or lost friendships...they just drive me crazy. I always think I did something wrong. I try to realize that people change and move on and stuff but I just miss people. And don't like change.
5. A couple months after we got married, I had a really weird time of baby fever. I guess it was just that motherly instinct kicking in like heyyy you have a husband now so it's time to multiply! But that was short lived. Actually, I think I read my sister-in-law Danielle's account of having my nephew and it cured all fever. I want children whenever God wants me to have them of course, but now I'm just focusing on being a wife!
6. Speaking of kids, sometimes I wonder if and when we have our first kid, if he/she will be loved as much as my nephew...that sounds crazy, I know, and it is NOTHING against my Shelley side of the family because I know they will love her/him just as much, so I guess that's not even really what I mean. I guess I mean that it won't be as exciting as the first grandchild, or that they won't go as crazy over her/him or whatever. I don't know what I'm talking about. It just enters my mind sometimes.
7. I'm bad at prayer. But I'm learning about how important it is and how praying Scripture can help me with my prayer life.
8. Today my bra strap broke and I've been going about my whole day with only one strap.
9. Every year when basketball season has ended, I cry like a baby. I'm talking about SOBBING for hours. I grow so close to those girls I coach and I know that when they're done with high school it will never be the same. This past year was probably the worst for some reason. We won the state championship and after we finished celebrating that night I probably freaked Jordan out by crying for the rest of the night. I just love them dearly and invest so much time in it that it kills me when it's over.
10. I miss my middle name. Feel free to still call me Ashley Joy.
Let me know if you want to join in on the challenge. :)