If you're doing this challenge, then let me know...because on my last day I'm going to include a list of the people who are doing it or starting it!
By the way...next week this blog is going to look COMPLETELY different. I'm just warning you because you might think you've gone to the wrong site when you visit it. So don't freak out. It's gonna be awesome. :)
10 Day You Challenge: 6 Places.
NC State is in Raleigh. The football stadium is right next to the RBC Center which hosts NCSU basketball AND the Carolina Hurricanes. It's one of my favorite buildings in the world because I've had so many memories there and I know it oh so well. If you go there and tell me where you're sitting at a game I can picture exactly where you are in my head. It feels like home to me.
|At Carter Finley Stadium|
|Working at the RBC Center with Maggie, Ron the Ref, and Scott Walker|
I will move wherever God wants me whenever He wants me to, and I would follow Jordan anywhere on this earth, but Raleigh will always hold that special place in my being. It has it all, and I love it all.
2. Boston, MA - This place is the dream that became a reality a little over a year ago. Being a die-hard Red Sox fan my whole life, this was the #1 place I wanted to go. Last year, my best friend's family was kind enough to take me there. And my boyfriend was crazy awesome enough to show up out of nowhere and propose to me there. You can read about that and about the excitement of my second trip there here. And I also give a year later recap of it here. :)
|After the game when we got engaged!|
This year, my Dad won the MVP Dad title for the Red Sox (crazy...I still can't believe that happened). You can read about that amazing experience here. It made Boston THAT much more special. The two most crazy, surreal trips I've ever been on were in Boston. Also, Boston is BEAUTIFUL. I love it there. I wouldn't mind living there for the months that it's not terribly cold.
3. North Myrtle Beach, SC - I've been here every year of my life. It's my favorite beach. It's always been that set apart time of the year for relaxation, fun, and family. The majority of my birthdays have been spent here. I love it.
|My 22nd birthday at the beach!|
4. Laurel Springs, NC - The location of my grandparents' mountain house is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. We go at least once a year, and I never get over how calming and peaceful it is. The house sits in the middle of a bunch of Christmas tree farms and it feels like another world. I want to go back.
5. Greensboro, NC - In the past year and a half, I've spent a lot of time here and made so many wonderful memories. A lot of Jordan's family lives here so we go visit as much as possible. The love and warmth I always feel whenever I've stayed at his family's house (or grandparents' house when we were dating!) has made me feel at home. I'm so thankful for the sleepovers I've had with my sister-in-law Anna when we would stay up until 3:30am talking about everything and nothing. I'm so glad I'm a Shelley!
|With out triplet cousins in Greensboro last Christmas|
6. Australia - The only place on this list I haven't been. It's my dream place to travel to (now that I've been to Boston). I want to hold a koala bear. I want to explore. I want to have shrimp on the barbie. With my husband. Maybe someday...