Thursday, March 29, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
We went to the NC zoo and it was a blast.
No, this is not a painting, it's a picture taken from my phone! Yeah - GORGEOUS. God's creation is amazing.
We've gotten to hang out with Jordan's lifetime buddies. And yes, Jordan let me shoot his gun. What a pal.
And it's been so much fun spending time with our family who recently came back from living in China. But more on that later - you're going to get a full post of my nephew's cuteness. :)
2. Work, work, work.
Working full time takes up a lot of time. That seems like the most sensible statement ever, but I guess I didn't understand the extent of it until I started working full time. Which I'm VERY thankful for...but onto more fun things...haha.
3. House hunting.
We are taking it slow, that's for sure. We are seriously all over the place when it comes to this, but like I said before, we're in no rush! And also, did you know how many websites there are for house hunting??? And how many of those have really nifty apps???? Yeah, well, let's just say I spend a little time on those. Okay a lot.
4. Church and Bible study.
This is how our week goes:
Sunday - Church in the morning. Quiz bowl practice/youth group in the afternoon or at night. (We have the awesome privilege of leading it with another couple! SO COOL!)
Monday - Ladies' Bible study on The Excellent Wife.
Tuesday - We usually reserve this night for hanging out with friends or my side of the family.
Wednesday - Church prayer meeting.
Thursday - Jordan leads a Bible study at our place.
And then the weekend is packed.
5. Celebrating our anniversary. :)
Here's me on our trip in front of the Bodie Island Lighthouse!
The Outer Banks was SO much fun and I can't wait to share more about it. NC is just the best in my opinion. :)
And we're still not done celebrating...we're having an anniversary photo session on Sunday! YESSSS! So pumped.
So as you can see just from those few things my plate has been quite full lately. (Thank goodness for my Erin Condren planner!)
But I hope to be here a LOT more regularly now. And the Bloglovin' app helps me keep up with blogs so much better these days! I just need to get better at commenting because now it's so easy to read and just move to the next one without leaving some love. Sorry y'all. I will share my comment love much more freely. :)
Friday, March 23, 2012
We had an awesome one year anniversary on Monday!
Thank you for all of your sweet comments. :)
We went to Tasu Asian Bistro and it was DELICIOUS.
And he tried some of my sushi and didn't not like it. Haha. And he eats it the proper way...unlike me. If you're an intense sushi eater you could NOT eat it with me. I cut it in half and destroy it before I eat it. With a fork.
Then we got frozen yogurt. Sweet Frog is so yummy!
Okay so in honor of our anniversary Jordan did a tiny little interview for me. :) Enjoy. His words will be in blue.
1. Name some memorable times from this first year.
Hawaii, beach trips, Christmas, your hair color changing.
2. What has been the most surprising thing about marriage this first year?
How unselfish you have to learn how to be. And even though I’m right all of the time, I can’t always say it.
3. What have you learned about me that you didn’t know before we got married?
You’re grumpy in the mornings.
4. How much do you think my cooking skills have improved in this year?
It went from a 3 out of 10 to 6 out of 10. Actually 6 ½. And that ½ is based on that spaghetti dish you made.
(He's talking about this baked spaghetti dish from Ruthie Hart! Thanks, Ruthie! Go check it out and make your cooking rating go up. Haha.)
5. Okay, here’s the big question: blonde or brunette?
I honestly like them both. I like whatever it is. I dated and married a blonde but now I’ve been married to a brunette for longer.
(This tells me nothing. Haha. But I'm glad he likes both!)
6. What has been the best thing about marriage so far?
Having that companionship and friendship that’s always there and sharing experiences with my best friend, whether they’re good or bad. And having a godly foundation together that not only brings us closer to God but closer to each other.
7. What are you most looking forward to in the next year of marriage?
Going to the Outer Banks this weekend. Haha. Seeing what adventures we’ll get to partake in, the memories we’ll make, and finding out how God wants to use us this year.
I sure do love being married to that man.
And I'm still loving this anniversary week! The celebration continues. :)
Monday, March 19, 2012
One year ago I vowed to be his helpmate for the rest of my life.
One year ago we became one in Christ.
One year ago I started life as Mrs. Jordan Shelley.
I could not be more blessed to be married to this amazing man of God.
He is my spiritual leader, supporter, provider.
My very best friend.
I never knew I could be so close to someone,
or admire someone so much.
I thank the Lord every day for this awesome gift of marriage. And for creating my handsome man.
This week I'll talk about some things I've learned in this first year, and also some things Jordan has learned. :) Tonight I'll be enjoying a night out with my man, and then this weekend we're taking a trip to the Outer Banks! So excited!
Thank you, readers, for following me through this journey and encouraging me along the way. I am truly thankful for you and your support. I hope I can share with you many more years of marriage to come!
Friday, March 16, 2012
It's picture time, y'all.
But firstly, let me just THANK YOU for all of your wonderful home shopping and buying advice! I'm still in the process of reading all of the emails and such and responding because they're all so thorough and helpful! I REALLY appreciate it. I knew y'all would be a great help. :)
So here are my March Photo a Day Challenge pictures that you need to be caught up on. Unless you follow me on Instagram or Twitter - @ashleyshellz!
One of my favorite candies ever. Does this count as a serving of fruit?
Our apartment complex.
Where I'm leaving at 5pm these days.
My favorite Bath & Body Works scent.
Love staying in my in-laws' guest room!
I won Loaded Questions last weekend. :) SUCH a fun game. Hilarious.
Our intense family members watching their Tarheels ball it up. Too bad they lost.
You're gonna see more of this little guy. Much more.
Noodles and Company, I love you.
It's our one year anniversary on Monday! Cannot believe it!
We've had beautiful weather. I love high 70s/low 80s!
My dear Lexi. My parents got her when I was eight, she was mine when I started driving, and 230,000 miles later she's still going strong. What a car. (Yes, my license plate says BoSoxGrl.)
Are you participating in the March Photo a Day Challenge on Instagram or Twitter? Please let me know so I can follow you! :)
My dad making his speech and giving out awards to the basketball team. He's retiring after 20 years of coaching at Wake Christian. More to come on that later.
My team was so good to me! Noodles and Company, Starbucks, and Target - yessssss!
I tried a Diet Dr.Pepper with vanilla for the first time. I'll definitely be getting it again.
A lonely morning when my man was in Louisiana. He always makes getting up so much easier! (Especially since I'm not a morning person.)
One of our little church buddies Anjali. Isn't she precious??
Jordan and I are always very sad when we have to leave each other in the mornings. Sometimes we send our emotions to each other on our drives to work.
It's March Madness, baby. Let's go NC State!
I loved the Wolfpack my whole life and now I'm an alumnus. You could say I'm kinda dedicated.
I'm linking up with Life Rearranged as usual!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Mascara. I don't have many eyelashes, they're short, and they're light colored. Also I have very light colored eyes. I NEED mascara for you to see my eyes haha.
3. What book are you currently reading?
4. What is your favorite vacation spot?
That's their house with the red roof. Gorgeous, right??
5. If you could go back and choose a different career path what would it be?
6. Do you have any hidden talent or something you are good at?
7. What is playing on your iPod right now?
8. List the places that you have visited from around the world.
9. What is your favorite clothing store?
10. What goals do you have for the next 5 years?
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
- This week I went four days without washing my hair. Yeah. Not attractive. But remember my life changing discovery of dry shampoo? Man I can't imagine my life without that stuff now. I guess my dependence on it has gotten a little out of control, haha. I've tried so many different brands of dry shampoo and currently I'm loving this one: Pssssst Dry Shampoo.
- Jordan was gone on a little work trip to Louisiana last night. I couldn't get to sleep so I got two of his shirts from the dirty laundry and wrapped them around me. It helped. :) He doesn't have to travel much for work so I'm thankful for that. (For those of you wondering what he does, he's a structural engineer and does analysis on cell phone towers - and climbs them!)
- Working at an eye doctors' office has made me regret every time I've ever complained or gotten impatient or annoyed at a doctor's office. I guess before I worked here I thought that checking someone in involved one click of the mouse and it was done. But um no. That's not the case. It's a complicated process!
- I'm kind of addicted to Slim Fast shakes. If I have one for breakfast or lunch it really holds me over until my next meal. The creamy milk chocolate kind is my fave. I had chocolate milk the other day and I thought it tasted weird and then I realized I was comparing it to Slim Fast. Is Slim Fast my new chocolate milk???? (I love chocolate milk.)
I'm linking up with E, Myself, and I for Midweek Confessions!
Hope everyone had an amazing Wednesday!
Monday, March 5, 2012